Apple is preparing on launching iOS 4.3 either today or in the very near future. Good news: it’s already be jailbroken! PwnageTool has already jailbroken the iOS 4.3 beta and is therefore believed to be able to jb the final version as well.
The Jailbreak works on the iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 4G!
This is a semi-tethered jailbreak! It is also not that easy so be wary!
All Downloads can be found at the bottom of the file
1. Download PwnageTool bundle for your version of iOS device
2. Extract and end up with these two files: CydiaInstaller.bundle and a .bundle file, for this guide, we are using iPhone 4 bundle iPhone3, 1_4.3_8F5148b.bundle. Move all these files to your desktop.
3. Download PwnageTool 4.1.2 and copy it to your desktop. Right click, and then click on “Show Package Contents”
4. Navigate to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and paste iPhone3, 1_4.3_8F5148b.bundle file in this location.
5. Now go to Contents/Resources/CustomPackages and here replace the CydiaInstaller.bundle file with the version that you downloaded in Step 1, and then simply close this folder.
6. Download iOS 4.3
7. Start PwnageTool in expert mode and select your device
8. Find your ipsw and select it
9. Select Build
10. Quite PwnageTool
11. Download Ramdisk_Maker.zip, extract the file, and move the folder to your desktop
12. Now open ramdisk_maker.sh file, and edit the paths required in a program like TextEdit, as shown highlighted in this screenshot.
13. Now start Terminal and run the following commands:
14. Follow directions that pop up in terminal:
15. First, create a folder on desktop named My_Ramdisk. Then change the extension of the original iOS 4.3 Beta file from .ipsw to .zip, and then extract this .zip file.
16. Here you will see a file named 038-0408-002.dmg. This is the file we need. Copy this file to My_Ramdisk folder that you created on desktop.
17. Once you have done that, you will notice that Terminal screen will automatically move to the next step.
18. Now go to ramdisk_maker folder that you saved earlier on desktop, here open the fileOptions.plist in a program like TextWrangler (available for free on the Mac App Store). Here change the <integer></integer> value under SystemPartitionSize <key></key> to 1116
19. Now save this Options.plist file and move it to My_Ramdisk folder. At this point, you will once again notice that Terminal will automatically move to complete the process.
20. Once done, you will now notice a new file named final_ramdisk.dmg in My_Ramdiskfolder. Rename this file as 038-0408-002.dmg
21. Now change the extension of the custom iOS 4.3 Beta firmware file that you created earlier from .ipsw to .zip, and then extract this .zip file.
22. Here, replace 038-0408-002.dmg file with the one you created in Step 19 above.
23. Now select all files, and click on “Compress 9 Items” so that it is converts back into .zip file. Now change the extension of this .zip file to .ipsw and you are done making the custom firmware, with fixed ramdisk.
24. Start iTunes, click on your iOS device icon from the sidebar in iTunes. Now press and hold left “alt” (option) button on Mac, or Left “Shift” button if you are on Windows on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update” or “Check for Update”) button in the iTunes and then release this button.
25. This will make iTunes prompt you to select the location for your custom firmware 4.3 file. Select the required custom .ipsw file that you created in Step 24 above, and click on “Open”.
27. Since it is semi-tethered you will need tetherboot to help here. So download Tetherboot and extract it
28. First, we will need three files from the original iOS 4.3 Beta firmware namely:kernelcache.release.n90, iBEC.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu, and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu.
Change the extension of the original iOS 4.3 Beta file from .ipsw to .zip, like you did in Step 15 above, and then extract this .zip file.
Now copy kernelcache.release.n90 file, and then copy iBEC.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu, andiBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu files which are found under /Firmware/dfu/.
Move all these three files, and tetheredboot utility to a new folder named “tetheredboot” on the desktop
29. Now to boot your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into tethered mode, connect it with your computer and start it in Recovery Mode by holding Home and Power buttons until the connect to iTunes screen appears on your device.
30.Start Terminal and run the following commands:
enter your administrator password, then:
./tetheredboot iBSS kernel
31. At some point you will be asked to enter DFU mode
33. Have some food and take a break that was kinda ridiculous! You’re done though so also have some fun!
Download PwnageTool 4.1.2 for Mac
Download iOS 4.3 Beta
Download iTunes 10.0.1 for Windows and Mac OS X
Download iOS 4.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3GS and iPod touch 4G / 3G
Download iOS 4.1 for Apple TV 2G
Download iOS 3.2.2 for iPad